If you enjoy creating jewellery and have crystals you want to use, check out these macrame crystal holder tutorials.
Choosing the Right Crystal
If you are planning on making a macrame crystal holder, you will want to take some time to think about what crystal you want to use.
When making your decision, you will want to take into consideration what each crystal means and is used for.
Below are some of the most common crystals used in jewellery. This is just a small handful of the crystals you can use.
- Agate – strength, courage, eliminates negative energy, strengthens the body, relieves tension
- Amertrine – high energy stress reliever, well-being, focus, powerful cleanser, fights depression
- Amethyst – contentment, calming, stability, peace, strength, improves the immune system, provides clarity
- Carnelian –boosts energy, restores vitality, increases motivation, stimulates creativity, increases metabolism, improves circulation
- Citrine – energizing, happiness, courage, revitalizing, invigorating, detoxifies, balances hormones, alleviates fatigue
- Rose Quartz – love, peace, compassion, forgiveness, harmony, promotes healing of respiratory system, strengthens the heart
- Tiger’s Eye – strength, courage, confidence, luck, clarity, balances emotions, aids in digestion, reduces headaches
15 Macrame Crystal Holder Tutorials
Below are 15 macrame crystal holder tutorials. If you would rather support an artist and purchase a premade holder, we have included some of those too. There are both empty holders as well as holders with pre-inserted crystals.
1. Interchangeable Pouch Necklace Macrame Crystal Holder Pattern by Macramedamare
This macrame crystal holder pattern is super easy. You will be able to knot one of these pouches with an adjustable closure in no time. And the really fun part is choosing the colour and the stone.
The step-by-step tutorial is in both English and Italian. There are plenty of detailed pictures
2. Macrame Stone Holder Tutorial by Macramedamare
Even if you have never completed a simple macrame project before, you can make this macrame crystal holder. The process is simple, and the result is beautiful. This is a basic level DIY macrame pattern. The designer recommends using 100% polyester waxed thread.
3. Macrame Stone Holder Tutorial by KnottyKnottyMacrame
This tutorial will walk you through the process of making a stunning macrame crystal holder. You can use the net bag as a pendant necklace, keychain, rearview mirror hanger, etc.
The tutorial is a guide. It includes three different versions of the macrame crystal holder. This is a beginners level tutorial. It is 14 pages long with clear photographs and instructions. You also receive a fantastic Knots Tutorial.
4. New Macrame Stone Holder Tutorial by Macramedamare
Learn how to create 4 stone pendants with this macrame wrapping tutorial. Unlike macrame bags, these projects only wrap around the edges of precut stones.
The step-by-step tutorial includes lots of photos and a supplies list. These macrame wraps are easy to make. You can enjoy yourself with all of these projects even if you have never done macrame before.
5. Macrame Stone Tying Tutorial by Macramedamare
This macrame crystal holder tutorial makes stone wrapping straightforward. With this style of holder, you can design your own amulets, pendants, or necklaces. You can also use this pattern to wrap coins or anything else.
The tutorial is 20 pages long, with photos and step-by-step instructions. This tutorial is suitable for kids and beginners.
6. How to wrap a stone by CSLdesigns
In this free DIY macrame video tutorial, you will learn how to wrap a stone using the netting technique. You can use this technique to wrap any size stone.
To make the macrame crystal holder you will need .9 mm nylon cord, a metal clothes hanger, scissors, and a crystal.
7. How to macramé wrap a crystal by Mindful Crafts
If you have previous macrame experience, you can make this lovely macrame crystal tutorial. The video tutorial shows you the basics of making a single holder as well as a multiple crystal holder.
To make this macrame crystal holder by Mindful Crafts, you will need a macrame board, scissors, a wooden ring, a crystal, and 1.5 mm cord. The knots used to make the macrame crystal holder are the half square knot and overhand knot,
8. Interchangeable Macrame Crystal Holder Necklace (DIY Tutorial) by Marching North
Are you looking for a free macrame video tutorial to make an interchangeable crystal holder? This is an extremely detailed tutorial that uses DMC floss, a wooden bead, and overhand knots.
9. How to display crystals » DIY macrame rock hanger / holder by Kindred Spirits
Are you looking for a pattern to create a large statement piece in your home? This macrame crystal holder is perfect for displaying large crystals. You can hang the holder from a hook in the ceiling or in front of a window.
10. Macrame Crystal Holder DIY Tutorial by Thai-Macrame Art
Do you have a long, pointed crystal that you want to wear, but you do not want to use a bag? Watch this DIY macrame video tutorial to learn how to create a macrame crystal holder that grips the top of the crystal while allowing the point of the crystal to hang down freely.
11. Beginner macramé tutorial : keychain with gemstone
Learn how to make a cute little keychain with this free macrame tutorial. You can have a lot of fun customizing this project with coloured cords and beads.
12. DIY Macrame Crystal Holder Necklace by Oceans Expressions
In this video tutorial, the artist shows you how she makes a macrame crystal holder necklace with two interchangeable stones and an adjustable length.
13. How to Make A Macrame Net Crystal Pendant or Rear Vision Mirror Hanger
Impress yourself and your friends with this macrame crystal holder. Everyone that sees it will want you to make them one too.
The project uses a waxed cotton cord, 2 wooden beads (1 cm in diameter), 1 wooden bead (.5 cm in diameter), and 2 crystals.
14. How to wrap a stone – DIY Macrame Crystal Holder Necklace
Use this simple full-step video tutorial to make these pretty macrame crystal holders. You will need a crystal, .8 mm waxed string, a lighter, and scissors.
15. DIY Crystal Wrapping Tutorial by createwithjenn
If you have previous macrame experience, give this macrame crystal holder a try. You will need to know knots, since the artist ties this crystal holder up fairly quickly.
Premafe Macrame Crystal Holders
If you would rather purchase premade macrame crystal holders, below are 9 lovely designs.
1. Adjustable Macrame Crystal Holder Necklace by MoodLashes
The empty adjustable necklace is available in black, white, and brown. It is perfect for carrying your beloved crystals or pendants, jewelry, etc. This is the necklace only; no crystals are included.
2. Interchangeable Crystal Cage Pouch Bracelet Macrame by HappyStonesCreationz
Instead of carrying your crystals in your pockets or wearing them around your neck, put them in a bracelet. There are 5 different bracelet colours to choose from black, brown, green, khaki, and beige. And 3 wooden beads colours: dark brown, brown, and cream.
3. Interchangeable Macrame Crystal Holder Necklace by SolelyShine
This necklace is a perfect way to carry pocket crystals. No more stuffing a crystal in your pocket. Instead, place it in this pouch and wear it around your neck. You will no longer have to worry about finding crystals in your washer or dryer again.
The macrame crystal holder is made with leather waxed thread. The beads are natural agate stones. It is adjustable, so you can slide the top bead up and down, adjusting it to the length of your choice.
4. Green Crystal Pouch Necklace by PaisleyRoseCo
This crystal necklace pouch is a must for any crystal lover. It is made for medium to large crystals or two small crystals. To change out the crystals, all you must do is pull up the silver flower bead, fit the crystal in the net, and push the silver bead over both knots.
The necklace measures 34 inches (86.36 cm) and it’s fully adjustable. The necklace is available with or without a crystal.
5. Crystal Macrame Car Charm by AJsProvisions
Driving can be stressful. Add good vibes to your car with this hanging macrame crystal holder. The crystals vary in size, but are roughly 2″ in length. Each crystal is raw and cleansed prior to shipping. The car charm measures approximately 13 inches (33.02 cm) in length.
6. Custom Crystal Macrame Car Charm by AtargatisJune
Customize your own hand-crafted macrame crystal holder for your car, bedroom, office, bathroom, dorm, or anywhere you wish.
First, you choose between 1-5 crystals. The options available are clear quartz, rose quartz, amethyst, orange calcite, rainbow fluorite, blue quartz, green quartz, fire quartz, peacock ore, rough moonstone, dark super amethyst, chevron banded amethyst, labradorite, pink opal, and citrine topaz.
Then, you can add on an optional tassel, shell, or charm.
7. Adjustable Macrame Crystal Holder Necklace by DanisEarthyCreations
Are you looking for a macrame crystal holder for a stone you already own? Here is a set of two adjustable necklaces. The handmade necklaces are 20 inches (50.8 cm) in length.
8. Crystal Macrame Keychain by CassidyWrightknits
These simple but beautiful keychains are macrame crystal holders. When purchasing a keychain, you get to choose between amethyst, Himalayan salt, black obsidian, rose quartz, green aventurine, and tiger’s eye crystals
9. Macrame Crystal Car Hanger by Harryartusshop
Check out these beautiful raw crystal car charms. Every stone is unique. There are 6 combinations to choose from. The stones the artist uses in their macrame crystal holders are celestite, amazonite, rose quartz, amethyst, tourmaline, and citrine.
Do not hide your crystals in your pockets. Instead, show them off and wear them proudly in a macrame crystal holder.
We can’t wait to see what you create! Show us your finished creations by sharing a pic on our Facebook Page.
There are several different techniques for making crystal holders. We hope you found the perfect macrame crystal holder to display your crystals.