With Christmas quickly approaching, it is time to get busy making Christmas crafts. If you are looking for crafting ideas for kids, we have a long list of ideas for you. Most of the pipe cleaner Christmas crafts we listed are super simple and kid-friendly.
But we know that adults enjoy pipe cleaner crafts too. That is why we added some intricate designs that you can be proud of.
Below is our list of 27 pipe cleaner Christmas crafts. We have included everything from simple icicles to complex Christmas trees.
1. Pipe Cleaner Snowflakes from First Palette
There is something special about homemade Christmas ornaments. With this step-by-step picture tutorial, your kids can make several of these pipe cleaner snowflakes. You can use them as ornaments or give them away as presents.
2. DIY Miniature Pipe Cleaner Christmas Trees
This little Christmas tree would make a great centrepiece. The project is a little complicated and would be suited for an older child.
3. Bead and Pipe Cleaner Christmas Trees from Happy Hooligans
Toddlers and preschoolers can make these beaded ornaments. The pipe cleaner Christmas trees are not only fun to make, but they will also help young children strengthen their fine motor skills.
4. Pipe Cleaner Snowflakes Ornaments
These pipe cleaner snowflakes are extremely easy to make. Make one or make a dozen. Use a colour that will work well with your Christmas decor.
5. Easy DIY Rudolph Pipe Cleaner Christmas Ornament
This is a simple Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer ornament you can make with your kids. The design is super easy to understand. And the kids will love the red nose and wiggle eyes.
6. DIY Pipe Cleaner Candy Canes from House of Hawthornes
You cannot find a craft easier than these DIY pipe cleaner candy cane. You do not even have to add a hanger to hang them on the tree. Simply place the hook of the candy cane over a limb, and you are done.
You might also want to check these Crochet Candy Canes.
7. Easy Pipe Cleaner Snowflakes Ornaments for Christmas
Use beads to make these snowflakes. These ornaments can be hung on a tree or in a window. The beads will make these pipe cleaner snowflakes pretty sun catchers.
8. DIY Pipe Cleaner Christmas Crafts from Play Trains
These pipe cleaner Christmas trees can be used for play sets or train sets. It is a simple design that can be easily changed up by adding beads or sequins and altering the colour of the pipe cleaners.
9. Pony Bead Pipe Cleaner Christmas Ornaments from Cutesy Crafts
Pony beads are often used in pipe cleaner Christmas ornament. And this Christmas ornament tutorial uses a lot of them. This is an ideal project for young children that need to work on their fine motor skills. Or just kids that love being creative.
10. Pipe Cleaner Snowflakes from The Best Ideas for Kids
This free tutorial has 4 different patterns. Kids will enjoy making these in different designs and sizes.
11. DIY Chenille Pipe Cleaner Christmas Tree from The Shabby Tree
Christmas crafts are often targeted towards children. Not this one. This one is incredible. If you are looking for an alternative to a large Christmas tree, make this DIY pipe cleaner Christmas tree.
12. DIY Pipe Cleaner Christmas Ornament Wreath
Make these little wreaths to decorate your tree or hang on a doll house. The wreaths are extremely easy to make. The trick to the spiral design is a pencil.
13. DIY Pipe Cleaner Christmas Ornaments from DIO Home Improvements
Here are some large pipe cleaner snowflakes that are adorned with clear plastic beads. You can make these in silver and clear or get creative and use some bright festive colours.
14. DIY Pipe Cleaner Snowflakes Coasters from Sugar and Charm
These DIY pipe cleaner snowflakes are wonderful for holiday entertaining! They’re easy to make and a cute way to add a little holiday decor to your table.
15. 3D Jingle Bell Ball Ornament Using Pipe Cleaners from Crafty Morning
Make some of these gorgeous jingle bell ball ornaments for your tree or a wreath.
You could even use them to decorate packages.
16. Crystal Pipe Cleaner Snowflakes from Pennsylvania College of Art and Design
Take your Christmas crafts to the next level with a little science. Borax makes these snowflakes look like crystals.
17. Feather & Pipe Cleaner Angels from Powerful Mothering
The addition of feathers makes these angel ornaments look light and wispy. You can make a classic white angel, or have fun and use any other colour you choose.
18. Beaded Pipe Cleaner Snowflakes from Early Learning Ideas
Kids can use their favourite colours to make these beaded snowflakes. This pattern will help your children with counting and motor skills.
19. Beaded Icicle Ornaments
Here is a project that is great for strengthening motor skills and hand-eye coordination. They are quick and easy to make, and you can use all different types of beads.
20. Wreath Pipe Cleaner Christmas Ornaments
This simple Christmas craft pattern takes the classic wreath and makes it unique with a simple twist. Once you have the wreath decorate it with a bow and go a step further with some ornaments.
21. Santa Pipe Cleaner Christmas Crafts
All kids love Santa Claus. The pattern is a little complicated, so we would recommend it for older children and adults.
22. Angel Pipe Cleaner Christmas Ornaments
Sometimes, classic is the way to go. These silver pipe cleaner angel ornaments would look wonderful on a traditionally decorated Christmas tree.
23. How to make a Poinsettia flower
Make a bouquet of these poinsettia flowers to decorate your table. Or add them to a wreath.
24. Beaded Pipe Cleaner Candy Cane Ornament from Happy Bird’s Glitter Nest
This pattern creates a substantial sized ornament that your kids will be proud of. They can use classic red and white or any colours they choose.
25. Pipe Cleaner Christmas Tree
Use different shades of green pipe cleaners when making this Christmas tree to give it a little depth. The finished tree is quite large and would make the ideal centrepiece.
26. Easy Christmas Angel Pipe Cleaner Christmas Crafts
Here is an easy-to-follow tutorial that is ideal for children. This would be the perfect craft idea for a Sunday School class.
Kits for Pipe Cleaner Christmas Ornaments
If you do not want to go out and buy all the supplies separately, check out some of the kits for pipe cleaner Christmas ornaments we have listed below. These kits have everything you need to keep the kids busy for hours.
1. Whaline 1150Pcs Christmas Beaded Ornament Kit
Make a wide variety of pipe cleaner Christmas crafts using this ornament kit. It includes 1000 colourful pony beads, 50 black pony beads, 50 chenille stems, 50 jingle bells, and string.
2. Whaline 1300Pcs Beaded Pipe Cleaner Christmas Ornament Kit
With this kit, you get 1000 tri beads, 200 pony beads, 50 chenille stems, 50 Christmas bells, and string. Use this kit to make Christmas wreaths, bowknots, candy canes, and bracelets among other crafts.
3. Christmas Crafts Create Your Own Cute Elves Christmas Tree Decoration
Make a bunch of colourful elf ornaments with this large kit. It includes 160 round beads, 64 bee beads, 64 spiral beads, 48 square beads and 32 pieces of pipe cleaners.
4. Christmas Pipe Cleaners Chenille Stems for Christmas Decorations
This kit is perfect for making pipe cleaner Christmas ornament. Or you can add earring hooks and make jewellery. The kit includes 800 pony beads and 50 pieces of pipe cleaner.
5. Tri-Shaped Beads Plastic Pipe Cleaners for Decorations
With this kit, you can make snowflakes, candy canes, and wreaths. It comes with 1300 beads, 40 pieces of pipe cleaner, 32 feet of green ribbon, and 15 bells.
Pipe cleaner Christmas crafts can be enjoyed by people of all ages. You will be amazed at all the projects you can create with pipe cleaners.
The holidays are the perfect time for crafting. And when you want to get the kids involved, there is no easier way than with pipe cleaners. These things can be bent into any shape and decorated in countless ways.
Try your hand at some of these patterns and share your finished ornaments on our Facebook Page!
If you are looking for some fun activities to do at home or in a classroom, try some of the many pipe cleaner Christmas crafts we have listed.