Do you love sangria? We do! And it is a lot easier to make than most people know. You can make fresh sangria gift basket or buy premade kits. If you choose a kit, you only have to add your own alcohol.
Sangria is one of the most enjoyable and versatile cocktails you can make. And they can be served at a wide variety of functions or simply enjoyed while watching a sunset.
There are many types of sangria recipes. Some use liquor for the infusion, while others only use wine.
Sangria Gift Basket Idea
Are you looking for a unique gift idea? How about a sangria kit? Sangria making kits are simple to mix and will definitely put a smile on your giftee’s face.
If you are giving some sangria kits as a gift, why not make a gift basket? Do not stop at one sangria kit gift.
When you are stuck on a gift idea, this DIY sangria gift basket by Fantabulosity is the perfect idea which we’re sure everyone will love.
Select several kits and make a sangria gift set. Place them in a basket along with a couple of goblets or large wine glasses. You can even add a couple of bottles of wine too!
For this gift you will need to have all of the ingredients for sangria. Stick to citrus fruits such as lemons and oranges as these last a lot longer than a pineapple for instance.
Gift Basket Materials And Ingredients
- A large drink dispenser
- Bottle of red wine
- Miniature bottle of brandy
- Lemon, lime and orange – one or two of each, depending on what fits in your dispenser
- Wooden spoon
Wrapping The Sangria Gift Basket
To put this gift together, you simply need to fill the drink dispenser with the sangria ingredients.
- It is easiest to place the bottle of wine in first.
- Next, place the miniature bottle of brandy in the dispenser. Then fit the lemons, limes and oranges in with the wine and brandy.
- At this stage you can place some lemon or orange leaves/branches inside the dispenser for a fresh feel. Or you can put some berries on the bottom of the dispenser as pictured.
- Once you have arranged all of the ingredients inside the dispenser, close up the lid. Now tie the wooden spoon to the dispenser and wrap the ribbon around it for a beautiful finishing touch.
If you want to take it a step further, you can make up a label to thread through the ribbon. You can write a message for the gift recipient or write out a sangria recipe for them.
Recipes and Kits for Making Sangria at Home
Below are both sangria recipes and kits. If you are looking to make a large fresh batch of sangria for a party, try one of the amazing recipes. Or pick one of the kits that are available in one gallon jars.
If you are planning a quiet evening at home or are having a few friends over, check out the tasty kits. The kits also make great gift ideas. Who would not want one of these?
No matter which way you go, you cannot go wrong.
Traditional Red Sangria
- 1 orange
- 1 apple
- 3 Tbsp Cane Sugar or ¼ Cup to ½ Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1.5 cups orange juice (plus more to taste)
- 5.5 ounces of brandy
- 1500 ml bottle Garnacha or Pinot Noir
- 2 cups of ice
1. Remove the seeds from the orange and slice it leaving the rind on.
2. Core the apple and slice or chop it into pieces leaving the skin on.
3. Place the orange and apple slices into a large pitcher. Add the sugar and mix with a large wooden spoon or muddler.
4. Add the orange juice and brandy and mix it again. You can use more or less of each for your taste.
5. Add a bottle of either Garnacha or Pinot Noir and stir to combine all the ingredients. Give it a taste and add more sugar, orange juice, or brandy as needed.
6. Add the ice and stir.
7. Serve in a goblet or large wine glass.
8. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 48 hours.
Sweet Tropical Sangria
- 2-4 types of tropical fruit
- 6 ounces of pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup of coconut rum
- 1/3 cup of triple sec
- 1 ounce grenadine
- 750 ml bottle of sweet white wine
- 1 cup of ice
1. Chop up between 2-4 different types of tropical fruit such as mango, pineapple, kiwis, passion fruit, and guava. You can also add non-tropical fruits such as strawberries, apples, and other berries. You will want about 1 pound of fruit combined.
2. Combine all the ingredients except the ice and mix with a large wooden spoon or muddler.
3. Taste and add any additional ingredients if required.
4. You can leave the sangria to infuse overnight or drink it right away.
5. When ready to serve, add the ice and stir.
6. Serve in a goblet or large wine glass.
7. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 24 if left overnight to infuse. 48 hours if you are serving it immediately.
DIY Sangria Kits
1. Sangria Cocktail Cocktail Kit (Brandy, Rum) from HuntandGatherDryFood
With 3 steps and only 3 days, you can be enjoying a refreshing glass of sangria using this cocktail it. This infusion drink kit includes dry apples, oranges, lemons, cherries, and flower shaped sugar cubes.
Simply add your liquor and leave it to sit in your refrigerator for 3 days. The sangria making kit will make 8 servings.
2. Winter Red Sangria Cocktail Kit from GypsyDrinks
The Winter Red Sangria Cocktail kit is the perfect holiday cocktail. It is refreshing and delicious. It is handmade with dried citrus and cinnamon sticks.
Just add your favourite red wine, shake, and enjoy immediately. The DIY sangria kit makes a great holiday gift, stocking stuffer, wedding favour, bridesmaid gift, or bachelorette party drink! Each mason jar contains enough mix to make two drinks.
3. DH Signature Winter Sangria Infusion Mix from DirtyHabitCoctails
Do you love a holiday sangria mix? The Dirty Habit Signature Winter Mix is the perfect blend of apple, citrus, and cinnamon. You can drink this sangria cold or warmed up.
Simply add 24 ounces of red wine and enjoy. And the mix can be used twice!
4. Spiced White Sangria Cocktail Kit by InBooze
Are you looking for a sugar free sangria kit? InBooze has some amazing kits to choose from. This spiced white sangria cocktail kit dehydrated fruits, veggies, spices, and herbs. There is no added sugar!
The kit infuses enough for 8-10 cocktails. It suggests using a white blend such as Pinot Grigio or Moscato. To make the sangria place the infusion pouch in a large pitcher and pour 2 bottles of wine over it. Leave the flavours to infuse for 2 to 3 days.
5. Craft Cocktail Kit for Sangria Tropical Wine Infusion from ParadiseCoctailKits
Take all the guesswork out of making sangria at home with this DIY cocktail kit. The kit contains the freshest fruit, that was hydrated at its peak ripeness.
The Sangria Tropical Wine kit contains real oranges, lemons, limes, cherries, a cinnamon stick with orange infused organic sugar.
This DIY sangria kit works well with rum or brandy. Once the infusion is complete, mix it with red or white wine. You can also use the kit to make non-alcoholic drinks by adding tea, lemonade, or soda water.
6. Sparkly Spiced DIY Sangria Kit from Oakano
This sangria is perfect for winter holiday parties. It has warm flavours of a spiced sangria, and it is it’s glittery! The kit is made with all natural ingredients and there is no sugar added.
The jar is filled with dried apples, oranges, cranberries, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and edible glitter. If you are having a large party, this kit is even available in 1 gallon jars.
7. White Wine Sangria Cocktail Kit from GypsyDrinks
Here is a White Wine Sangria Cocktail kit that is perfect for making summer cocktails. It is refreshing and delicious. It is made with dried fruits, simple and clean ingredients, and the cutest flower garnishes.
There is no waiting with the White Wine Sangria Cocktail Kit. All you need to do is pour, shake, and enjoy! The kit includes a 100% recyclable mason jar, sangria mix, dehydrated citrus garnishes, and dried edible flower garnishes. Each mason jar contains two drinks.
8. Winter Sangria Kit from KristinsKoncoctions
This sangria kit includes fried oranges, cherries, cranberries, lemons, limes, apricots, and apples. It is mixed with delicious vanilla and cinnamon infused sugar.
To create the infusion, fill the jar with brandy and let it soak for up to 24 hrs. Once it has been infused, strain it into chilled wine. This DIY sangria kit works well with blueberry wine.
9. Red Wine Infusion Cocktail Kit by InBooze
This red wine sangria kit pairs well with flavoured brandy and vodka. It contains dehydrated fruits, veggies, spices, and herbs.
The kit infuses enough for 8-10 cocktails. It suggests using a red blend. To make the sangria, place the infusion pouch in a large pitcher and pour 1 bottle of wine over it.
Leave the flavours to infuse for 2 to 3 days. To serve, fill a glass ¾ full with sangria and top it off with a lemon-lime soft drink or flavoured sparkling water.
10. Dried Fruit Dehydrated Sangria Fruit Mix from MyDrinkBomb
How can anyone pass up this sweet, fruity, and boozy refreshing drink on a hot summer day? It is made with a blend of dried apples, pears, lemons, oranges, and strawberries.
The sangria kit is also available as refills and in 1 gallon jars.
Do you enjoy a nice refreshing glass of sangria and want to make your own at home? Try one of these sangria recipes or make a sangria gift basket as present a housewarming gift.
Sangria is the perfect beverage for entertaining or just sitting around the house enjoying an evening at home. You can even give a sangria gift basket to a friend. If you are looking for a way to kick up your cocktails, you cannot go wrong with a fruity sangria.
What are you waiting for, use these sangria recipes and kits and make a sangria gift basket to gift a friend or a love one.