How adorable are these! Instructions and a pattern for how to make these pretty fabric-covered birdhouses. Hang them on the wall, display them on the mantle – or maybe even make mini ones for a mobile. These look pretty where ever you decide to use them – although they have to be kept indoors which is a shame for the birds 🙂
You don’t even need to worry if you can’t sew. These look great with big uneven and rustic stitching, so neatness isn’t essential.
- Stiff cardboard (old boxes or packaging)
- Fabrics – preferably more than one pattern
- Wadding /batting, you are best using a thin one.
- Glue gun or Fabric Mod Podge glue
- Crewel Wool or embroidery thread
- Embroidery needle
- Scissors or rotary cutter
- Twig for perch
Find the full tutorial here