Friendship bracelet patterns were traditionally made with embroidery floss. There are now countless designs and patterns that use anything from floss and leather to beads and paracord.
If you have tried any how to make friendship bracelets for beginners, you know how easy they are to make. Now it is time to try some more patterns.
49 Friendship Bracelets for Beginners
If you are interested in learning how to make friendship bracelets for beginners, we have included several patterns for you. We have also included friendship bracelet patterns for those looking for more complicated designs.
1. Land of Lagoons Friendship Bracelet Pattern from Leguanworld
Create candy stripe bracelets with intricate designs using the Land of Lagoons pattern. You can use bright fun colours or more muted colours.
The download includes 2 PDF files. There is an accurate picture of the pattern and detailed step-by-step instructions. There are also smaller pictures from the first knot to the last.
2. Friendship Bracelets for Beginners Pattern by Leguanworld
Make bright, patterned friendship bracelets with this incredible pattern. The final look will vary depending on the colours you choose. The PDF download includes an accurate picture of the pattern and detailed step-by-step instructions. There are also smaller pictures from the first knot to the last.
3. Flip Flop Friendship Bracelet | Easy Candy Stripe Bracelet Tutorial for Beginners
Follow along with this free DIY macrame bracelet tutorial to learn how to make this beautiful flip flop friendship bracelet. The finished bracelet has a unique design that is fun to knot up.
4. Beaded Grown up Friendship Bracelets by ctrl + Curate
These friendship bracelets resemble the old friendship pins. Instead of using knots to create a pattern, you use colourful seed beads. If you have seed beads and stretch elastic cord on hand, you can make these now. You can also add letter beads to make them more personalised.
5. Sunrise Buzz Friendship Bracelet Pattern by Leguanworld
Beginner friendship bracelets usually do not have intricate patterns. That is not the case with this bracelet. The pattern is stunning.
The Sunrise Buzz bracelet is perfect for beginners. This PDF pattern contains an accurate picture of the pattern and a detailed step-by-step description. There are also smaller pictures from the first knot to the last.
6. Chevron Friendship Macrame Candy Stripe Bracelet Tutorial from CSLdesignsuk
Here is an intermediate level DIY macrame project that produces intricate results. To make this candy stripe friendship bracelet, you only need to know how to make the square knot. The pattern is made using 1 mm satin cord in 3 colours.
7. Braided Square Knot Macrame Bracelet Pattern by Purplewyvernjewels
Make this macrame friendship bracelet for your best friend. You can make it using 3 different colours or use one single colour. This pattern and tutorial are 11 pages long. It has step-by-step instructions along with helpful photos. You will need to know how to make a Lark’s head knot and a square knot.
8. Crochet Beginner Friendship Bracelets from GlowCreekPatterns
Here is a gorgeous pattern that incorporates beads. Use one colour of beads or use several and create a rainbow design.
With this pattern, you will have fun making several DIY friendship bracelets. The instructions are very detailed and there are lots of photos. This bracelet can be completed by someone that knows the basics of crochet.
Here is a pattern for friendship bracelets that creates a simple yet stunning design. You can use a single colour to create a solid pattern. Or use two different colors to create an edged look.
This beginner-friendly friendship bracelets for beginners pattern is 9 pages long. There are step-by-step instructions and photos. The knots used in this pattern include the overhand knot and square knot.
10. Macrame Beginner Friendship Bracelets Tutorial from MaisJewelry
Beginners can make these DIY friendship bracelets. It may look complicated, but it is extremely easy.
This macrame bracelet can be worn alone or stacked with other bracelets. When making this bracelet you can use clear connectors or solid connectors. You can easily customise each bracelet.
11. DIY Dotted Candy Stripe Bracelet
To make the dotted candy stripe bracelet, you will need 4 white strings and 4 coloured string. The first rows of knots are made using all forward knots. The second row rotates back and forth between backward and forward knots. Then the two rows are repeated over and over, creating the dotted pattern.
12. How to Make Friendship Bracelets for Beginners by The House that Lars Built
Make some of these cute heart-patterned friendship bracelets with this free tutorial. This is a great pattern for young girls who want to make a bunch of bracelets for their friends.
This DIY friendship bracelets tutorial is super easy to understand. There is a video showing how to create the hearts. There are no written instructions.
13. DIY Beginner Friendship Bracelet Pattern by GrannysPatternsPDF
Make a classic friendship bracelet with this pattern. These are fun to make, and you can choose your recipient’s favourite colour combination.
14. Crochet Beginner Friendship Bracelets Step by Step Pattern by ALShandbags
If you can crochet, you can make these friendship bracelets. These bracelets use one single colour. Make a bunch of these so you can match them with your outfits. You can also crochet these bracelets and use them as bag handles, mask chains, lanyards, curtain tie backs, among other things.
15. Beaded Friendship Bracelet Tutorial by WLFYDSGNS
The staggered beads in this pattern make for an interesting design. Make some of these lovely bracelets to give away or sell at a craft fair.
This beginner friendship bracelets step-by-step tutorial is 9 pages long. The finished bracelet measures approximately 6.5-7 inches. It features an adjustable sliding closure, which allows for the bracelet to open up an additional 3 inches.
16. Dalia Boho Cuff Friendship Bracelet by SueSmithDesigns
Here is a quick crochet project that is easy and beautiful. The pattern creates a lacy type bracelet that would be perfect for dressing up.
The pattern is simple and clear. There are photos every step of the way. This will make it easy for a beginner to complete. To make this bracelet you will need to know chain stitch, single crochet and slip stitch.
17. ‘Multicolor Mysteries’ Friendship Bracelet Pattern by Leguanworld
Multicolour friendship bracelets are always fun to make. You will not know exactly how it will look until you get done.
This is an intermediate to advanced level pattern for friendship bracelets pattern. The pattern includes the colours used to make the blue bracelet. There are also two other colour combinations to choose from. However, you can choose any colour combinations you desire.
18. 12 Strand Spiral Kumihimo Tutorial by Dream a Little Bigger
These friendship bracelets have a very interesting pattern. All of your friends will want to know how you made the spiral design. To complete these free DIY friendship bracelets, you will need a Kumihimo round disk. You can find these disks on Amazon HERE.
19. ‘Towards the Sun’ Friendship Bracelet Pattern by Leguanworld
These beginner friendship bracelets do require some previous experience. But if you already know how to make the basic knots, you can make this patterned friendship bracelet.
This pattern includes detailed instructions along with images. It has the instructions for making the black-red-orange-yellow bracelet. At the end of the pattern, there are other suggested colour combinations.
20. Alternating Square Knot Macrame Bracelet Pattern by Purplewyvernjewels
Here are some cute friendship bracelets that are perfect for girls. They have a lace design that looks elegant.
The tutorial is 11 pages long. It uses alternating square knots. There are step-by-step instructions and photos. Along with the square knot, you will need to know how to make an overhand knot.
21. Half Square Knot Spiral Macrame Bracelet Pattern by purplewyvernjewels
Here is a friendship bracelet with a simple twist. It could be worn by both women and men. To make this pattern you will only need to know how to make an overhand know, half square knot, and a square knot. The pattern is 11 pages long with step-by-step instructions and photos.
22. DIY Macrame Beaded Friendship Bracelet Tutorial by WLFYDSGNS
This beaded macrame bracelet is sure to impress. Make it in natural colours for everyday wear. Or use red beads and green cord to make a fun Christmas bracelet. The finished bracelet measures approximately 6.5-7 inches long. It features an adjustable sliding closure that lets it open up an additional 3 inches.
23 DIY Friendship Bracelet Tutorial by Artsy Fartsy Mama
Here is a free beginner friendship bracelets step-by-step tutorial that children will love to make. It creates a classic chevron design. Make a loop on one end and add a bead to the other to make it easy to get on and off.
24. Friendship, Love, Thinking of you bracelet by SueSmithDesigns
Here is a quick and easy crochet friendship bracelet pattern. It uses very easy and simple stitches. It is a nice pattern for someone new to crochet. The beads added to the ends of the bracelet are optional. However, they give the bracelet a little something extra.
25. DIY Bordered Candy Stripe Bracelet
Take your basic candy stripe bracelet up a notch by adding a border. It is easier than it looks. You will need 5 main colours of floss for the candy stripe and 1 colour for the borders.
26. Easy Crochet Friendship Bracelet Pattern by Velvetheartpatterns
Learn how to make friendship bracelets for beginners with this crochet pattern. It will teach you how to add beads to your crochet project. There are clearly written step-by-step instructions and high quality photos. The pattern uses American Standard crochet terms.
27. DIY Dainty Bracele Pattern by UniqueForYouByVanya
Make this dainty micro macrame friendship bracelet with this tutorial. The flowers are so cute and will make this one of your favourite go-to bracelet patterns.
The pattern has some tricky steps. So, we would recommend it for an advanced macramer. The pattern includes step-by-step instructions and detailed pictures.
28. Friendship Bracelet by BeautyStudioCrafts
Learn how to make friendship bracelets in three ways with this tutorial. These friendship bracelets patterns are perfect for children and teenagers who are looking to be creative in their free time.
All of these patterns have a medium level difficulty. If you have already made some beginner level patterns, you should not have any trouble with these.
29. Beaded Friendship Bracelet Tutorial by WLFYDSGNS
Take the average friendship bracelet and kick it up a level with this interesting pattern. Instead of using basic round beads, find some interesting beads that will add texture.
This pattern is 9 pages long and includes pictures. The finished bracelet measures approximately 6.5-7 inches. It features an adjustable sliding closure
30. Tiny Bubbles Bracelet-Beaded Braiding by BarbSmithDesignsDIY
The “Tiny Bubbles” Bracelet is beautiful. And the best part is, it is simple to make. This bracelet uses 3-strands of 1.0mm Indian leather cord, seed beads, and demi round beads.
You will learn everything you need to know to complete this bracelet in this pattern. It is easy-to-follow and perfect for beginners.
31. Forest Green Lacy Beginner Friendship Bracelets by Knotonlyknots
Use this tutorial to make a bracelet or a choker. Add charms or wear it plain.
This how to make friendship bracelets for beginners tutorial has clear step-by-step instructions and photos. There are three types of macrame knots used. Each one is explained at the end of the pattern.
32. Sweet Travels DIY Bracelet Pattern by Leguanworld
Make this fun patterned bracelet for all your friends. The colour combinations you can use are endless. The Sweet Travels Bracelet pattern contains an accurate picture of the pattern and detailed instructions. It is a beginner-friendly pattern.
33. Fishbone Knot Macrame Bracelet Pattern by Purplewyvernjewels
Use two or three colours to make this friendship bracelet. These bracelets can be worn by moth men and women. They have a simple ladder-type design. This bracelet is made using the fishbone knot. You can easily adjust the final length of the bracelet.
34. DIY Neon Friendship Bracelet by East Crafts for Kids
Here is a free tutorial for patterned friendship bracelets. Several photos explain the process. However, there are no step-by-step photos. You will need to know the basics of how to make friendship bracelets for beginners to make these bracelets.
35. Zig Zag Friendship Bracelet Pattern by Moms Crafters
The zig zag design on this bracelet creates a 3D look. Included are instructions for both a 4-colour gradient and a 7-colour gradient. When you have completed this bracelet, you can tie it on your wrist. Or you can add a jewelry clasp.
36. Macrame Bracelet Tutorial by TheTomentosaShop
Here is a very simple pattern that can be completed by a beginner. It has step-by-step instructions with detailed pictures. You get to choose the colours and the beads. The bracelet has an adjustable closure.
37. Beaded Square Knot Macrame Bracelet Pattern by purplewyvernjewels
These beaded macrame friendship bracelets are fun to make. The use of beads allows you to get creative with your choices. Use solid coloured beads for adults. Add some whimsical cartoon beads for kids.
The length of the bracelet can easily be made to any length. And you can use any size beads you choose. You just want to be sure that the cord will fit through the holes.
38. Easy Friendship Bracelet Tutorial by Cutesy Crafts
If you are looking for how to make friendship bracelets for beginners, try this one. It is super easy, and the pattern is free.
All you need to make this bracelet is 3 colours of embroidery floss, masking tape, and scissors. You can also add the optional pony bead.
39. Chainlink Candy Stripe Bracelet Tutorial
The chain link candy stripe bracelet combines regular candy stripes with chains. Before working on this pattern, you will need to know basic knots.
40. Basic Macrame How to Make Friendship Bracelets for Beginners by WLFYDSGNS
This tutorial includes step-by-step instructions for making two different styles of basic macrame bracelets.
Each bracelet measures approximately 6.5-7 inches long. They feature adjustable sliding closures. This gives them the ability to open and additional 3 inches.
41. Ladder Stitch Friendship Bracelet from Homan at Home
If you have a hard time making all the knots on classic friendship bracelets, this one is for you. It was designed for people that cannot make bracelets. Bracelet patterns do not get any easier than this.
42. “Sand and Sun” DIY Bracelet Pattern by Leguanworld
Make these intricate designs with this incredible pattern. Use bright colours for a girl’s bracelet and dark colours for a man’s bracelet.
The PDF download includes an accurate picture of the pattern and detailed step-by-step instructions. There are also smaller pictures from the first knot to the last.
43. Tutorial on How to Make Friendship Bracelets for Beginners by Camila
How to Make Friendship Bracelets for Beginners
Seal your friendship forever with your girlfriends with these cute yet fancy friendship bracelets. It’s trendy and it’s an accessory that’ll go with any outfit that you’ll be wearing. It’s fun and easy to make!
You can mix and match the colors of the materials that you’ll be using to match you and your friend’s personalities. It is really up to your preference on how you want to showcase your creativity with these matching friendship bracelets.
You can even combine pastels and metallic colors if you’re aiming for a feisty look with your best friends, or make use of various sizes of cords and jump rings to make it even more explicit.
Also, pastel colors are best if you want to look all cute and the girl-next-door type. Here is how to make friendship bracelets for beginners.
MATERIALS FOR THE BRACELET
- 2 strips of leather cord
- Lobster clasp
- 10-15 jump rings (approximate) – size will depend on your cords
- 2 cord ends
- Nose pliers
Beginner Friendship Bracelets Step by Step Tutorial
- First, align together the two leather cords that you have. After that, insert both of the leather cords into one jump ring. The way you insert it should be like this: one of the strips is from the front to back and the other one starts from the back to the front
- The next step is to put another jump ring, but you have to do the process the other way around. You have to insert the strip that came from the back, starting from the front to the back.Continue the insertion of jump rings taking turns alternately with the strips. Keep inserting the jump rings until you get the desired size of your wrist.
- Once you’ve reached your desired length, remove excess leather cords. Don’t forget to leave a few millimeters for putting ends to the cord.
- Combine both ends of the cord strip and put the cord end in place to close it. Using a flat nose pliers, tighten the cord ends. These kinds of cord ends has teeth that’ll secure both cord ends. It won’t come off easily.
- The next step is to open one jump ring with pliers then insert the cord ends together with the lobster clasp. After this procedure, close the jump ring
- Follow the same step on the other end of the bracelet but, insert only the cord end. Lastly, close the jump ring.
44. Candy Stripe Macrame Bracelet Tutorial by WLFYDSGNS
This candy stripe bracelet features a sliding closure. The closure allows the bracelet to be opened up a further 3 inches (7.62 cm).
The PDF tutorial is 8 pages long and comes complete with pictures and step-by-step instructions. The finished bracelet will measure approximately 7 inches (17.78 cm).
45. Candy Stripe Friendship Bracelet Tutorial by AlexInnovations
Make this candy stripe bracelet using the double forward knot. The knot is explained in the pattern.
Included in the 9 page PDF download are step-by-step instructions, photos, and a guide to the four basic knots. There are also instructions to teach you how to put on a bracelet with two ties and a loop.
46. Ocean and Beach Candy Stripe Bracelet Pattern from SweetDIYHouse
This candy stripe braided bracelet features an adjustable sliding square knot closure. It is an easy to make DIY macrame bracelet. Included are step-by-step instructions, 50 photos, and 2 YouTube video links.
47. Candy Stripe Bracelet Tutorial (beginner) || friendship bracelets
In this video, you will learn how to make a candy stripe bracelet using 2 colours and 8 strings. The designer walks you through making the first 4 stripes. Then shows you how to complete the bracelet so you can wear it.
48. Ribbon Summer Macrame Friendship Bracelet Pattern from SweetDIYHouse
Here is an easy to make DIY candy stripe bracelet. You can use muted colours for a cool summer feel. Or use fun bright colours. There is a step-by-step video tutorial. It will walk you through making the bracelet and the adjustable sliding square knot closure
49. Gradient Stripes Fishbone Candystripe Macrame Friendship Bracelets | Easy Tutorial for Beginner
Make this striking fishbone candy stripe bracelet with 5 colours of embroidery floss. The video walks you through the knotting process. There are no written or verbal instructions.
Try some of these friendship bracelet patterns. They make great gifts for your closest friends.
Tadah! You now have your skillfully made your friendship bracelet – a very special present you can give to your best friends for it authenticates your friendship even more. Make your friends and loved ones feel extra special by giving them this one of a kind friendship bracelets.
For more jewelry ideas, check out How to make a string bracelet, Macrame bracelet, Crochet Flower Bracelet Pattern, DIY Earrings, Clay Earrings, Crochet Bracelet Patterns and Crochet Necklace Patterns.
Friendship bracelets are fun and inexpensive to make. There are countless designs that can compliment any outfit.
If you are looking for a way to show your friends how much they mean to you, make one of this friendship bracelet patterns.