DIY Wooden Phone Dock – Phone Charging Station
This DIY Wooden Phone Dock is perfect as a gift or for your own home. Finding a nice charging station for your phone can really be a drag, so why not try making your own. You can put your own style to it and make it suit your space. We love the idea of this wooden phone charging dock. It is a great piece for your bedroom, living area or even your office. It also makes for a unique gift to someone.
You will need to take your time with this project as there is some sanding and staining involved, however take it as an opportunity to tailor the piece to suit your own taste. If you don’t want to spend too much time on it, we think it would also look great with a good quality raw piece of wood. Read through the instructions in the link below, find a piece of timber that you really love, and give it a go!
Note: the sanding and carving will be quicker and smoother with a soft piece of wood.
: if you are not confident drilling, visit your local hardware shop and ask if they can give you a hand.
Materials and Tools Needed:
- a piece of wood (in whatever type and shape you prefer)
- the charging cable that your phone uses e.g. lightning cable
- dremel or rotary hand tool
- hot glue gun
- cabinet makers wax
- a thick, self adhesive felt base (to project the surface of its new home)
- sandpaper (40 – 120 grit, depending on the finish that you want)