Occasionally when you are working on a cross stitch pattern, you may want to add personalization. While other times, you may not like the font used and want to change it. Changing the font is easy and there is a great deal of options to choose from.
However, a lot of font choices are way too big. Instead of trying to make these large letters fit, use a cross stitch alphabet small patterns.
You have probably noticed that most of the small cross stitch alphabet fonts used on premade patterns are drab and boring. You do not have to use these cross stitch letters.
Instead, find a font that adds interest to your pattern instead of taking away from it.
14 Cross Stitch Alphabet Small Patterns
If you are looking for the ideal small cross stitch alphabet for your design, look no further. Below are 15 cross stitch fonts that will be perfect for your project.
1. Little Esme Cursive Font Cross Stitch Alphabet Font by LiftedSpiritPatterns
This is a full cross-stitch alphabet of cute curly letters. The cross stitch font pattern includes both upper and lower case letters. There are also numbers and punctuation.
The letters were designed using 14 count Aida cloth and stitched using 2 strands of DMC embroidery floss. However, you can use any size material you want. The letters measure between 9 to 18 stitches tall and 6 to 24 stitches wide.
2. Font 27 Cross Stitch Letters Small Alphabet by FreckleDoll
You can stitch really small cross stitch letters with this pattern. The pattern includes the full alphabet in lower case only. You will also get a free guide to cross stitch booklet.
The approximate stitch count per letter is 5 stitches wide x 7 stitches high.
3. Free Cross Stitch Alphabet 03 “Angular Block” by Better Cross Stitch Patterns
Block letters come in handy for a lot of projects, from science fiction designs to country patterns. This free cross stitch letters pattern provides capital letters, numbers, and punctuation.
The letters are 4 stitches high and vary in width. Both wide and narrow versions of some letters are provided. Stitch complexity includes full cross stitches, 1/4 stitches, and/or 3/4 cross stitches, and backstitches.
4. 6 Stitch Tall Easy Tiny Alphabet Cross Stitch Pattern by BusyBeaverNeedlework
The Tiny Capital Letters Alphabet Cross Stitch Pattern would be a good choice for a technical or office themed cross stitch pattern.
With this PDF download, you get the full alphabet. The pattern only includes capital letters, each letter is approximately 6 stitches tall.
5. 9 stitches tall Small Font Cross Stitch Alphabet by CrossSitchByCoconut
These cross stitch letters are ideal for a cross stitch done in a retro style. They would be perfect for an 80s nostalgic design.
Included in the download are uppercase letters, numbers, and symbols. The A is 9 stitches high.
6. Free Story Book Cross Stitch Alphabet Small Pattern from Better Cross Stitch Patterns
The “Story Book” free cross stitch alphabet small pattern is reminiscent of the font found in children’s fairy tales. It is simple to stitch and easy to read.
Story Book is stitched on 18-count Aida fabric. Included are uppercase letters, lower case letters, numbers, and punctuation. The uppercase letters are 5 stitches high. The lowercase letters vary between 3 to 6.5 stitches high.
7. Font 4 Full Alphabet Cross Stitch Letters by luscrossstitchshop
Here is a cross stitch alphabet that is small and legible. The letters are easy to read and simple to stitch. They are the ideal size when you need to add a lot of letters yet have very little room. Or if you do not want the font to overpower the picture.
8. Small Alphabet Cross Stitch Letters Pattern by LiftedSpiritPatterns
Are you creating a pirate themed cross stitch pattern? Add this fun font to personalise the design.
This is a full cross-stitch alphabet of a tiny pirate styled font. The letters each measure between 5 to 7 stitches tall and 3 to 9 stitches wide. Along with the upper and lowercase letters, you will receive the numbers 0-9.
9. 8 Stitch Tall Easy Art Deco Shadow Alphabet Cross Stitch Pattern by BusyBeaverNeedlework
These art deco cross stitch letters would make a whimsical addition to your cross stitch pattern. You can use them alone or along with a design.
The capital letters measure approximately 8 stitches tall. Each letter will require two colours of DMC floss. Only full stitches are used.
10. Font 20 Cross Stitch Alphabet Small Pattern by FreckleDoll
The full small cross stitch alphabet only requires one colour of DMC floss. Only lower-case letters are included in the pattern. The approximate stitch count per letter is 8 stitches wide x 14 stitches high.
11. Japanese Style Cross Stitch Alphabet Pattern by LiftedSpiritPatterns
Are you working on a Japanese inspired cross stitch pattern? This cross stitch alphabet would be the perfect addition.
This is a full cross-stitch alphabet of a small Japanese styled font. The letters each measure between 5 to 10 stitches tall and 4 to 9 stitches wide. Along with the upper and lowercase letters, you will receive the numbers 0-9.
12. Modern Cursive Lettering Cross Stitch Font by StitchMenagerie
Create your own custom cross stitch design using this modern cursive alphabet.
The cross stitch alphabet pattern includes capital and lowercase letters, as well as an & symbol. Capital letters measure approximately 5/8 inches high, and lowercase letters are approximately 3/8 – 1/2 inches high when stitched on 14 count Aida fabric.
13 . Tiny Alphabet Three Font Cross Stitch Letters Small Pattern by threegirlies
You will get these different fonts when you buy this pattern. They are Daisy Love, Poison Arrow, and Winter Snow. Each one is really tiny and perfect for those small spaces.
Each letter is no more than three stitches high and three stitches wide. Along with the 3 separate fonts, you will also get sweet little mini stitched icons including daisies, arrows, and snowflakes.
INCLUSIONS OF THE PATTERN FILE
- 3 sets of 26-letter font in 1 full-color pdf file
- Mini daisy, arrow, and snowflakes stitch icons
- DMC floss guide with colors pictured
WHERE TO USE 3 FONT TINY CROSS STITCH ALPHABET
- For personalization and customization – If you’re ever planning on giving these crafts as a gift, you can simply add a little twist by engraving the name of the recipient of the cross-stitched gift.It feels really good to receive those kinds of personalized presents – something that’s only for you. You can also add those little snowflakes and daisies for additional design.
- For signature – You can also stitch your name below the pattern that you’ve made to let people know that you’re the one who made that craft. Cross-stitching patterns especially those huge patterns may take days or even months to be completed.Cross stitch makers will find it nice to be recognized for their work once in awhile.
- Quotes and dedications – Makers can add motivational and inspiring quotes using this tiny alphabet patterns. This will definitely get you and other people going, it’ll serve as your daily mantra!
14. Cute and Playful Cross Stitch Alphabet Pattern by LiftedSpiritPatterns
These cute little letters would look adorable on a little girl’s cross stitch.
This is a full cross stitch alphabet of cute and playful letters. The letters measure between 5 to 10 stitches tall and 3 to 7 stitches wide.
CROSS STITCHES ARE SOME OF THE BEST HANDMADE GIFTS. MAKE YOURS EXTRA SPECIAL WITH THE HELP OF THESE SMALL CROSS STITCH ALPHABET PATTERNS.
Whether you need to add letters to add visual interest to your design or personalisation, they need to be the perfect size. These small cross stitch alphabet patterns are perfect for creating unique layouts and treasured keepsakes.
So, what are you waiting for? These Cross Stitch Alphabet patterns are indeed, a great pattern to try!