Free Trip Around the World Quilt Pattern is a small and easy quilt work that will help motivate you to walk down the path of quilting bigger pieces!
February shouldn’t be the only ‘love month.’ We should treat every month as a time to spread love. To not let this month pass by without showing love, here is a new quilting pattern to show your talent, creativity, and love!
This easy trip around the world quilt pattern will solve your dilemma in what love to show this month. The quilt’s coordinated and straightforward design is effortless to do.
It is a fun and motivating way to spark up your quilting abilities. Once you start working on it, for sure, you will be motivated until the end!
ABOUT THE AROUND THE WORLD QUILT PATTERN
Samantha of Aqua Paisley Studios designed this free trip around the world quilt pattern because she was inspired by her previous work. Her recommendations for quilting are easy to comprehend – even for beginners!
Creativity is one of the main factors that is needed in sewing mini quilts. Your mind and body movements should be synchronized while you sew so that you can end up with the best pattern. If you have the drive, then everything will be successful!
Sewing these mini easy trip around the world quilt pattern can be a great help that could enhance your creativity and skills for you to start your big quilting project.
LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE IN QUILTING
Quilt is a multi-layered textile and the process of sewing it is called quilting. It can produce different varieties of effects depending on what pattern you will use.
In the making of our around the world quilt pattern, you must possess the necessary knowledge in quilting.
Sewing mini quilts are natural because the pattern is simple. Finding an uncomplicated crosshatch can make your quilting project a bliss. You can use a quilting sewing machine or an electric one depending on what is available.
So, if you are ready, then let’s begin our quilting adventure!
Also see: Best Quilting Sewing Machine for 2021.
MATERIALS NEEDED IN QUILTING THE MINI TRIP AROUND THE WORLD PATTERN
Here is the list of the supplies that you need in making the pattern:
- Binding fabric – 2 pieces of 2.25 inches WOF strips
- Batting – size should be at least 20-inch square
- Backing – size should be at least 20-inch square
- Fabrics – 10 different designsThe ten fabrics should be cut into the following sizes:
- One piece into a 1.5-inch square (1 design)
- Four pieces into a 1.5-inch square (1 design)
- Four pieces into a 1.5-inch by 21-inch strips (8 design!
When you are all set with your materials, then you are ready to quilt the around the world quilt pattern!
TRIP AROUND THE WORLD QUILT PATTERN FINISHED SIZE
The approximate size of the trip around the world quilt is 17.5 inches square.
Please take note of the seam allowances and the width and height of the fabric. This will help you avoid mistakes.
WHO CAN MAKE THE TRIP AROUND THE WORLD QUILT PATTERN?
- For the mothers out there who want to boost their creative side through quilt-making, this is the best project for you. It can be a great wall art that can be suitable for your living room or bedroom. It can also add up some color and design in a dull spot in your house.
- This easy trip around the world quilt pattern can even cater to moms who have hectic schedules. They can sew this pattern during their free time because of its easy to follow quilting steps.
- Even our millennial generation nowadays can try making this pattern. With the help of their grannies, they can sew their quilt patterns together. It would be a beautiful bonding for both of them too!
- It could also be given as a present for your family and friends. You can put the finished product in a frame so that it would be suitable as a gift. You can make it extra special if you make the patterns according to their taste of color. Who can resist a handmade present that was carefully quilted with love and passion?!
WE HOPE YOU ENJOY THE AROUND THE WORLD QUILT PATTERN!
Start making your very own around the world quilt and do share with us your finish product on our Facebook page. We’d love to see it.
Let the power of creativity and motivation strike you starting with this FREE Mini Trip Around the World Quilt Pattern. Get your fabrics, sit in front of your sewing machine and let your quilting journey begin!